BWI New Haven is growing! We have doubled our membership this past quarter and meeting attendance continues to serge. We are so excited to be reaching more parents and caregivers in our community!
A quick recap of this past quarter’s activities:
- We doubled our dues paying membership! $480 in member dues was raised this quarter. $160 of that was remitted to BWI national to fund operating costs and national outreach (such as our brochures). $320 stayed with our local chapter and was used to fund new carriers for our library! If you’d like to become a member, read here for details or chat with us at any meeting.
- We’ve grown our library! We’ve added quite a few new carriers this quarter (see our library list for a full inventory). Among them:
- A Toddler Tula
- A Beco Gemini
- A Diva Essenza Wrap
- A Didymos Nino Wrap
- A Catbird Baby Mei Tai
- We’ve expanded our meeting locations! Our Naugatuck meeting is gaining in popularity and is a great option for those looking for a weekend meetup. We have also branched east with a new Guilford meeting. With increased volunteer support, we hope to grow these meetings and add more! For a full list of meeting locations and time, visit our meeting page. For the latest updates, follow our events on Facebook.
- We’ve added new services! New this quarter – private consultations. This is a perfect service for those looking for us to come to you for one-on-one training or for small group events.
- We’ve scheduled new outreach events! We have partnered with Duck, Duck, Goose in Milford and Babies ‘R Us in North Haven to offer Babywearing 101 classes. These are geared for brand new babywearers, particularly those still expecting or with newborns. These are “demo only” meaning the library will not be available for check out. Spread the word! And let us know if you have an idea for outreach.
All of this growth is great! But we need your help to keep the momentum going!! Here’s how you can help:
- Become a Chapter Support Volunteer! CSVs are dues paying members of BWI National who assist with everything from running meetings to behind the scenes work. CSVs can do anything but teach and are an important part of the BWI team. All that’s required is a willing babywearer!
- Become an Educator! BWI accredited educators (VBEs, ABEs, and MBEs) teach at meetings and outreach events. We are happy to train babywearers who have experience wearing both a newborn and older infant/toddler.
- Be an informal volunteer! Don’t have time to commit to being a CSV or educator? No problem! Just let us know how you feel you can contribute to our group.
- Run a fundraiser! We would love to run a fundraiser this quarter. Have an idea? Have time to help make it happen? We’d love to hear from you!
- Spread the word! The easiest way to help is to simply spread the word about our group and our meetings. We are happy to provide business cards and/or fliers for you to hand out. Our Facebook events are sharable as well. We count on you to get out the word!
Thanks so much for supporting BWI New Haven – Hope to see you at a meet up soon!!