We are thrilled to offer a lending library to our members; below are some guidelines to help our library run smoothly.
- All lending library carriers are available for checkout by any dues paying member. You need not be a dues paying member to try on carriers during a meeting.
- Carriers must be returned to the next meeting at the check-out location. If you are unable to make it to the next meeting, it is your responsibility to turn it in to a VBE prior to the meeting. Late fees apply for late carriers (see #7 below). This is to ensure that we have carriers returned on schedule so that others may try them on at meetings.
- Upon checkout, please allow time for a VBE (Volunteer Babywearing Educator) to demonstrate features of the carrier, safe wearing technique and inspect the carrier’s condition.
- Before you check out a carrier, you should complete the carrier sign out sheet; we will need your name, email, and phone number.
- Please help us to keep our carriers in excellent condition by avoiding smoke, perfume and other strong smells, eating while wearing, rings that may snag, etc… If something should happen to dirty the carrier, please spot clean with water and mild detergent. If more than spot cleaning is needed, please mail email@example.com for further care instructions.
- If a carrier is lost or incurs major damage during your check-out period, it is your responsibility to reimburse BWI-NH for the cost of a replacement carrier (cost to be determined by retail price). Minor damages (such as lost parts, heavy stains, etc.) may incur a damage fee at the discretion of BWI-NH.
- If a carrier is not returned by its due date, you will be fined $5. You will accrue an additional $5 late fine for each additional meeting that it is late. You may not check out another carrier until late fees are paid.
- If a carrier is two months or more overdue, you will be invoiced for the cost of replacement. You must still return the overdue carrier and your membership will be revoked. We reserve the right to pursue legal means to recoup financially.
- Please return carriers to a VBE only; do not pass them to another member. They are inspected between loans for everyone’s safety.
Your signature on your membership application indicates acceptance of these policies. If you have any questions at any time please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember that YOU are ultimately responsible for the safety of your child when using a carrier from our library. Happy Babywearing!!